Safe Passage Project’s Mission
Are you looking for a team who is passionate about serving youth and sharing stories with data? Would you like to use your data and Salesforce skills to help?
Safe Passage Project (SPP) is a highly-focused nonprofit immigration legal services organization which provides free lawyers to immigrant youth facing deportation. Founded in 2013, SPP has grown to include 45 employees, in NYC and Long Island, and manages over 1,200 open cases a year.
The New York Immigration Courts, some of the busiest immigration courts in the US, have more than 15,000 juveniles on their dockets, many of whom are fleeing trauma in their countries of origin such as gang violence and recruitment, abuse, and sexual assault. Immigrant children are not afforded free legal representation by the government, regardless of their age. As a result, more than half of immigrant children in immigration proceedings must go to court without the aid of a lawyer. Among unaccompanied children with legal representation, immigration court data shows that 73% are allowed to remain in the United States, whereas only 15% of unrepresented children are allowed to stay. This is where Safe Passage Project steps in, both through providing immigrant youth with direct representation by staff attorneys and through a robust network of pro bono attorneys who SPP attorneys train, mentor, and supervise.
In order to deepen our impact, our Safe Passage Project team needs efficient and effective systems in place that help us do our best work. As our full-time Data Manager / Salesforce Admin, you will assess and improve those systems for us, help our staff use those systems every day, and lead our data reporting compliance & analysis.
This role will require you to hold both the big picture and small details of our work, and to lean into your strengths of data & systems management, user adoption cultivation, and project management.
While our office is based in New York City, this position can work remotely with some travel to our New York City office required. This position reports to our Deputy Executive Director and supports staff across Safe Passage Project’s departments. Here is a look into your goals and day-to-day work:
- Systems Management: Ensure our existing Salesforce is a reliable central source of truth across departments (Legal, Social Work, Development, Partnerships, Policy & Advocacy, Operations).
- Collect requirements, design, build, test and launch improvements and new features in our Salesforce. This includes small- to large-scale projects, including researching and integrating new tools and processes (i.e. launching FormAssembly to collect donations and volunteer inquiries, integrating our current Google Calendar of legal hearings, etc.).
- Set up and manage our data clean-up process to ensure it is always reliable for our team.
- Understand the latest updates in the Salesforce ecosystem and community to stay aware of implications for our software. Take action to minimize the impact for our team.
- Data Reporting: Ensure that it is simpler for us to report out to government funders, our Board of Directors, and other audiences (ensuring we hit our specific requirements and deadlines, and effectively tell our story).
- Collaborate with your teammates to get the data they need into our Salesforce.
- Analyze and translate our data to tell stories of our impact from our data.
- Manage a data reporting compliance calendar. Proactively take action with our staff and systems to ensure we are collecting and sharing the data we need.
- User Adoption Cultivation: Ensure that our staff feel supported and confident in their ability to use our systems to do their work (listening, proactively identifying and resolving user needs, training).
- Manage our Salesforce support request system that our team uses to communicate Salesforce issues and ideas to you. This includes prioritizing and resolving users’ needs related to: report/dashboard creation, form creation, new automations and flows, new fields and objects, data uploads, user experience design, bug fixes, forgotten passwords, process improvements, etc.
- Build trusting and supportive relationships with staff. Facilitate user testing, trainings, and office hours. Onboard new staff to Salesforce.
- Design and maintain our knowledge base of Salesforce documentation.
- Project Management:
- Manage and execute on a roadmap of our system priorities. Resolve competing priorities. Work with our team to set quarterly goals. Collaborate with us to scope, build, and launch Salesforce features in sprints.
- Actively listen in our team’s meetings and communication channels to distill what our users need from Salesforce to do their jobs efficiently and effectively. Keep those user needs organized in our project management backlog.
- Liaise with Safe Passage Project leadership to raise flags and clear roadblocks to short-term and long-term data and Salesforce success.
- 2+ years of experience with managing data systems and reporting/analytics.
- 2+ years of Salesforce experience either as a power user or Admin. This means you have spent time running reports, navigating the Setup menu of Salesforce, and/or helping others learn Salesforce, ideally on a daily basis.
- If you have experience managing another CRM that is not Salesforce and are willing to learn quickly, we encourage you to apply.
- Being a Certified Admin is a plus, but if you just haven’t taken the test yet, we encourage you to apply.
- 1+ years of experience with legal services or nonprofits (either as a professional or volunteer) is preferred.
- An ability to learn new terminology and processes quickly (you will use this skill to gain fluency in Safe Passage Project’s legal and program language).
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to translate technical jargon to non-technical stakeholders, and to translate our legal jargon to technical needs.
- Project management, organizational skills, and commitment to follow through.
- Passion for Safe Passage Project’s mission and organizational values that guide our work.
Compensation & Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary ranging from $75,000–$80,000 commensurate with experience.
- Employer-sponsored healthcare options.
- 401k with 6% employer match.
- Open paid time off (with supervisor's approval) and sick leave.
- Paid vacation the week between Christmas and New Years.
- An annual professional development stipend.
- On-the-job training with our team's Salesforce coach.
- Submit your application.
- Join a 30-minute Zoom screening with Kay Coaching, our team's Salesforce Coach & Hiring Partner.
- Complete a timed exercise to be submitted online within a 48 hour time period.
- Join a 30-minute Zoom exercise follow-up interview & feedback session with Kay Coaching.
- Join a 1-hour Zoom interview with Safe Passage Project.
- Join a second 1-hour Zoom interview with Safe Passage Project.
- Further interviews with Kay Coaching or Safe Passage Project as needed.
- Submit your professional references.
Safe Passage Project encourages applications from individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction. Safe Passage Project is an equal opportunity employer.